It's All About Me

My photo
Old enough to know better, but at age 50 I started a second career as a Mixed Media Artist. Inspired by a friend who suggested I research Altered Art I found what I do, and what I need to feed my muse. I have been published* I have been purchased* I have been SOLD! at an exhibit* I have been invited to share and teach* I have been blessed that I have friends who "get it";

Friday, May 14, 2010

In a world of dissapointments and depression

BTW

I am not a miss mary sunshine, nor a miss susie sunshine

The dark side of the moon is my choice, if given a choice

I need a zap of happy times, a shot of wonderful fun, a pinch of good friends all mixed together to get my blues behind me

But since I am not a happy wonderful fun friend, it takes effort to get over the blues and be likable and necessary in someones life

tgif

I guess if this week is over, being in the office part of the week over, not having to get up and shower and move my bucket over, not caring how I come across (to the other side of the desk) over, I am glad

No happy dance, just glad.

Working on a collage for a change, based on an old hand stretched framed oil painting I picked up at a garage sale, piled guesso on it and smoothed and scraped and enhanced the textures.

On top is material, squares of plywood, cardboard, and dimentional paints.

I have stamped, circled, etc making xxx and ooo all over the canvas

with that as the theme, I am going to do a hugs and kisses tag, a SWAK, a valentine heart, and someone blowing a kiss, and a big hug ...

maybe too much action, but bling and such is needed...

No comments:

Post a Comment